Sunday, May 12, 2013

Windows Update Error 80244018

Today I had issues patching a Windows Server 2008 R2 server at one of my clients.  Windows Update provided me with the following error message:

A error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer.
Error Code 80244018

 
This error code is generated when a computer has issues connecting to the Windows Update server.  My customer used Threat Management Gateway as a firewall solution.  After reviewing the firewall rules there was a rule which prevented access to Microsoft Windows Update servers.

Removed the rule and problem resolved.

2 comments:

  1. Every time when I start my system then I receive this windows 1068 error. What is the reason for occurring this windows error I was not knowing and also not able to find reason. Due to this windows error my PC performance gets slower down. But after using this third party repair tool I have fixed this error easily and permanently and also solve my question that why this error occurs and how to fix my PC problems? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

  2. win 7 home premium product key , windows 7 professional seriennummer , windows home server key , windows 8.1 professional key , window 7 ultimate key , product key windowes 7 , microsoft office 2007 enterprise key , windows 10 pro product key sale , lup10X

    ReplyDelete