Sunday, May 26, 2013

CloudLink - The current account doesn't have sufficient privileges

In the process of setting up Symantec Enterprise Vault Cloud for Microsoft Exchange, I had an issue where the ArchiveTools CloudLink tool would not accept my service account I created called cloudlink.  It is complaining the account does not have Logon As Service privileges on my CloudLink server however I know the account does as I already granted this User Rights Assignment manually.

The error we were getting was:

CloudLink - The current account doesn't have sufficient privileges to give 'Logon As Service' privilege to the selected account. An administrator will need to manually allow this account to run as service.  Failing to do so will prevent the service from running.


The problem?  Good old User Account Control or UAC for short.

After trying again by running ArchiveTools CloudLink  as "Run as Administrator" the problem was resolved.

 

1 comment:

  1. We are looking to implement CloudLink shortly and Symantec is telling me that it needs to be a domain admin. Did you find that to be the case?

    ReplyDelete