Wednesday, March 30, 2011

An unknown error occurred, error code: 0x80070057

I'm performing a cross-forest migration using Prepare-MoveRequest.ps1, Identity Lifecycle Manager and Active Directory Migration Tool.

After a windows 7 PC was migrated to the new forest the user account and his mailbox, Outlook 2010 continued to reference the old Exchange 2003 servers which were failing to refer the user to the new Exchange 2010 servers in the new forest.



I created an Outlook PRF file with the following configuration:

[General]
Custom=1
ProfileName=Outlook
DefaultProfile=Yes
OverwriteProfile=Yes
ModifyDefaultProfileIfPresent=TRUE

[Service List]
;ServiceX=Microsoft Outlook Client
ServiceEGS1=Exchange Global Section
Service1=Microsoft Exchange Server

[ServiceEGS1]
MailboxName=%UserName%
HomeServer=ex2010.destination.local
AccountName=%UserName%
ConfigFlags=0x00000100

[Service1]
OverwriteExistingService=Yes
UniqueService=No
MailboxName=%UserName%
HomeServer=ex2010.destination.local


I attempted to import the PRF into Outlook 2010 using the following command:

outlook.exe /importprf path:C:\outlook.prf

During the import the following error was experienced:

An unknown error occurred, error code: 0x80070057



This turns out to be a bug with Outlook 2010 importing PRF files. I found this on knowledge base 2028193.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028193

After installing the following hotfix my problem was resolved:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-US;2281463

4 comments:

  1. I am afraid, due to outlook error code: 0x80070057, I could overcome command is working “outlook.exe /importprf path:C:\outlook.prf”. Fix the error successful. Now my outlook 2010 works fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When outlook error occurs then I was unable to perform any of the outlook applications properly. Why this error occurs I didn’t have any scheme. But when I download scanpst.exe repair tool then I have solved this error easily and also solve outlook problems permanently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. when i was facing outlook error code 0x80070057 then i understand this is pst problem and i have used outlook pst repair tool. This tool fix the outlook error code 0x80070057 from my computer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One day i was getting error code 0x80070057 in outlook 2007 i and unable to remove it, i think that it may be due to missing pst file so i repair outlook 2007 pst file then access outlook but the problem was same so i searched for its solution and this web page helped me to solve this error.

    ReplyDelete